The hair used in your hair replacement system will have been coloured to precisely match your own natural colour, shade and tone. More so, if you have requested highlights, or an unusual colour, such a blue (it does happen!).
Therefore, over time, the colour will fade. This is a natural process called oxidation, which essentially causes the breakdown of colour pigment by oxygen exposure, which obviously includes daylight and water. This is not something only experienced by hair system wearers. ALL coloured hair fades, which is why we suggest taking the following steps to prolong the colour’s vibrancy:
1. Wash and condition your hair with a colour protection product.
2. Twice a month, apply a deep-conditioning treatment.
3. Always spritz your hair with a UV protection spray.
4. Ideally, wear a hat/scarf in the sun. It's perfectly fine to go out in the sun, but if you want to maximise colour longevity, it is advisable to cover your hair.
5. Choose products with natural ingredients, free from sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and parabens, which strip colour prematurely.
6. Avoid clarifying products, as they speed up colour fade.
7. Use a heat-protection spray if blow-drying your hair.
The general rule for hair system maintenance, is to look after the hair, as you would care for a baby. Always handle it gently and carefully to minimise any trouble!
If all this sounds a bit like hard work, and you’d rather pop on your hair system and not worry about looking after it correctly, you can sign-up to our pay monthly plan and receive bouncy new hair systems regularly throughout the year. The perfect solution to anyone wanting fuss-free hair.
If you would like advice further advice on how to look after your hair system, or guidence on which products may be best for you, please feel free to give us a call and we will happily guide you through the options:
Telephone: 0800 014 8085 (Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm)
Telephone: 740-337-4470 (Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm)