Cleaning your hair replacement system.
After removing your your hair system, you will need to clean both scalp and base
Cleaning your scalp
1. Spray citrus oil adhesive remover onto your scalp and allow to soften the residue for 1-3 minutes.
2. Firmly wipe off the adhesive residue with kitchen roll (useful because of its abrasive surface) until any trace of adhesive has been completely removed.
3. If there is a lot of residue on the scalp and in your hair, use a fine tooth nit comb. This is a fantastic tool for removing residue from the scalp and hair. Gently comb it over the scalp and hair and it will collect the residue on the comb.
4. Shampoo your scalp and hair to remove any trace of adhesive remover, then rinse thoroughly. It may be necessary to repeat this step a few times because any trace of adhesive or the remover will weaken the strength of subsequent bonding.
Cleaning skin bases
It is also essential to completely remove any adhesive residue from your system to guarantee the efficacy of your bonding.
1. Spray citrus oil adhesive remover onto the skin base and allow to soften the residue for 1-5 minutes.
2. Firmly wipe off adhesive residue with kitchen roll until all traces of adhesive have been completely removed.
3. Shampoo the underside of your system to remove any trace of adhesive remover, then rinse thoroughly. It may be necessary to repeat this step a few times because any trace of adhesive or the remover will weaken the strength of subsequent bonding.
4. Wipe with Isopropyl as a final prep before re-bonding.
Cleaning your lace front
To clean the lace effectively, we use a technique called the ‘mirror slide’. It may sound rudimentary, but it's really effective at removing surface residue from the lace and is used widely within the professional hair replacement industry – a great insider tip.
1. Using any household mirror (we use a 1ft square mirror tile purchased from a DIY store), gently press the bottom of the lace (area to be cleaned) onto the upper section of the mirror.
2. Now gently slide the system towards you, over the entire length of the mirror. You should now notice the adhesive residue has deposited onto mirror.
3. Clean the adhesive residue off the mirror using isopropyl alcohol and kitchen roll.
4. Repeat this process until the entire lace is clean.
If you would like advice further advice on how to clean your hair system, or guidence on which products may be best for you, please feel free to give us a call and we will happily guide you through the options:
Telephone: 0800 014 8085 (Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm)
Telephone: 740-337-4470 (Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm)